Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Self Indulgence Part Two:



12 hours later.

i slept for 9 hours...need i say more?

i must have watched too many Rocky movies growing up because now i want to follow up last night's rock bottom pit of pseudo free associative negative self talk with a montage.

"Eye of the Tiger" is playing in my head right now as i write this.

click below and then read to get the full almost montage effect:









i have rallied. i believe. i am mobile.

if i was more techno-savy and i didn't work, you would have your montage. lord knows that anyone who actually read yesterday's blog deserves one.

but instead, here is what the montage would be; sort of like a movie script:

sunrise, penticton, mountains, arid warm air, me training, runnig stong on gravel in summer
emerging from lake okanagan looking like a radiant G-d.

dave scott; just him, being dave scott.




me riding my first bike on lakeshore drive in burlington fantasizing about being dave scott.

the pool. no-one is coughing or sick the water is till at 6 am and warm and nice

the richter pass in b.c. i am on top of the mountain. i put out 240 watts avgerage. i feel like a speed demon, i am cruising down the mountain like schlek, like contador...
doing push ups
crunches


julie moss crawling across the finish line in hawaii.



changing a diaper and laughing.
the baby cheering me on as i ride on the trainer, admiration in her eyes.
my wife cheering me on as i run on the treadmill.
my wife meeting me on the porch after a 7 hour brick with a fresh lemonade. she is smiling.

me, running 3:45's in the taylor creek trail. floating on my racing flats. no pain. perfect minimalist running form!
dave scott.

rocky himself.




rick and dick hoyt out on the queen k




normann stadler.



macca.



no, this one:



yes, i like that one, macca running with his daughter...i can't wait.


my heroes, juxtaposed with images of me training so i can be like them



me, my wife, my baby. all smiling at the finish line.
my, my wife, my baby, all smiling as i sip my lemonade on the porch after a 7 hour brick.

ok, make that a protein shake with extra glutamine.


ahhhhhhhhhh. nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment