Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Burritos, Baby and Recovery

last week was a recovery week.

this week is pre-race (more on that later)

all of which means i have been a bit bored from a training standpoint.

how do i tie all this in to the words going through my head? baby...burritos...recovery...

 well...i have been thinking about the perfect recovery food. one that feeds your mind, soul and body.
for those of my readers who live in the toronto area, or who will visit, i need say no more than:

Chino Locos: http://chinolocos.com/


there is nothing more heavenly than a juicy, plump, fish burrito from chinos, stuffed with chow-mein noodles. ahhh. the perfect recovery meal. hold the sour cream and cheese if you are trying to get to kona. add a glass of mendoza malbec and you have the perfect last supper. forget the cigarette, just shoot me when i wash down the final bite with my malbec and send me straight to heaven.

ok, that is the burrito. the recovery. what about the baby?

my baby, stupid. my baby girl. we have been hanging out reading elmo, watching sesame street, changing poos, pointing at dogs and dancing every morning. she is my regular morning date. (and she has no idea how much tour de france she will be watching at 5am on the pvr in july, she will become a little french baby). she is just on my mind. plain and simple. and i want to document that because she is my morning angel on this road to .....penticton.

No comments:

Post a Comment